One year Master course
Starting date: October 2014
Academic training + internship;
- Cmf (Colour Material Finishing)Manuela Bonaiti
- Materials And TechnologiesMatteo Bravi, Diana Castiglione
- Digital Modelling-Rhino I, I IRiccardo Gatti
- Design History I, I IAli Filippini
- Colour SketchingClaudio Fassini
- Industrial Design LaboratoriesMarco Merendi, Robin Rizzini, Valerio Sommella, Huub Ubbens
- Modelling Laboratory I, I IFabio Dell'Orto
- Digital RenderingLuca Deriu
- Product Design WorkshopHubb Ubbens
- Portfolio Design WorkshopClaudio Tesei
Industrial Design Laboratories
These project-oriented courses taking place during each semester will face complex themes closely related to emerging issues in the current design scene. The workshops are intended to stimulate creative thinking while rounding off sounder professional skills. Activities during each workshop will cover all the phases in the design process, from the concept idea to the final presentation. Students may be organized in pairs or small groups of people to promote mutual learning and facilitate the management of the overall workload. After the launch of the activities all the groups will meet twice a week with the tutors and the class to discuss, revise, constantly develop their work and plan further advancements.
Particular attention will be given to the effective communication of the project.
Taking advantage of the tutors’ guidance and class critique activities together with the information and insights offered by partner companies, students will fully develop and present their own proposals in order to provide innovative design solutions consistent with the guidelines in the brief.
The brief will be announced by the tutors at the beginning of each course or after the preparatory classes.
Today designing products means dealing with both their ideation and their feasibility addressing their entire lifecycle according to a sustainable logic. Industrial design is responsible for the most common consumer goods as well as for new and innovative artifacts. It is also what lies behind the tools and the processes involved in their production and distribution.