One year Master course
Starting date: October 2014
Academic training + internship;
- Cmf (Colour Material Finishing)Manuela Bonaiti
- Materials And TechnologiesMatteo Bravi, Diana Castiglione
- Digital Modelling-Rhino I, I IRiccardo Gatti
- Design History I, I IAli Filippini
- Colour SketchingClaudio Fassini
- Industrial Design LaboratoriesMarco Merendi, Robin Rizzini, Valerio Sommella, Huub Ubbens
- Modelling Laboratory I, I IFabio Dell'Orto
- Digital RenderingLuca Deriu
- Product Design WorkshopHubb Ubbens
- Portfolio Design WorkshopClaudio Tesei
Materials And Technologies
The lessons are intended to convey a general understanding of the key role of materials and production processes for design applications, with specific focus on structural materials and industrial processes. The knowledge about materials and technologies will be constantly integrated with methodological and practical references and linked up with professional, industrial and environmental issues. The course deals with the most widely used production technologies and it is characterized by a specific analysis of plastic materials because of the universal use of polymers in the various industrial fields. Specific lectures will be also dedicated to innovative experience with metals, glass, ceramic and wood.
Today designing products means dealing with both their ideation and their feasibility addressing their entire lifecycle according to a sustainable logic. Industrial design is responsible for the most common consumer goods as well as for new and innovative artifacts. It is also what lies behind the tools and the processes involved in their production and distribution.