One year Master course
Starting date: October 2014
Academic training + internship;
- Cmf (Colour Material Finishing)Emanuela Bonaiti
- Materials And TechnologiesDiana Castiglione, Claudia Reder
- RhinoMatteo Gatti
- History Of Design I, I IAli Filippini
- Colour SketchingClaudio Fassini
- Industrial Design LaboratoriesMarco Merendi, Robin Rizzini, Tomaso Schiaffino, Huub Ubbens
- Modelling Laboratory I, I IFabio Dell'Orto
- Computer Rendering And AnimationLuca Deriu
- Warm-Up WorkshopHubb Ubbens
- Portfolio Design WorkshopClaudio Tesei
Cmf (Colour Material Finishing)
The CMF acronym (Colors, Materials, Finishes) covers all the aspects of color and new materials, the study of trends and the definition of new color systems for a wide range of industrial products. In recent years CMF Design experienced a strong development in several sectors. In industrial design field this marked a new approach characterized by products relying on a strong emotional identity. The course begins with theoretical classes analysing the three main fields in which CMF design has developed - Design, Redesign, Language – followed by a Design Lab focussing on the management of chromatic languages and their application to the project.
Today designing products means dealing with both their ideation and their feasibility addressing their entire lifecycle according to a sustainable logic. Industrial design is responsible for the most common consumer goods as well as for new and innovative artifacts. It is also what lies behind the tools and the processes involved in their production and distribution.